The employer is a leading home care provider offering domiciliary care, personal support, home help and companionship. The employer specialise in working with people who require care in their own homes and their families.
Summary of role
To share with other staff in meeting the personal care and support needs of customers in a way that respects the dignity of the individual and promotes their independence. The care and support provided by Care and Support Workers is expected to include support that would reasonably be given by members of the customer’s family and is not to include tasks that would normally be undertaken by a trained nurse.
• To assist customers who need help getting up and going to bed in the morning and evenings, including dressing and undressing, washing, bathing and going to the toilet.
• To help customers with their mobility and with any physical disabilities, including incontinence and use of personal aids and equipment.
• To care for customers who are temporarily sick and need bed nursing and help with feeding etc.
• To provide care and support for customers who are terminally ill.
• To help in the promotion of mental and physical activities of customers through talking, outings, reading, writing, hobbies and recreations.
• To make and change beds, light cleaning, emptying commodes and general tidying.
• To inspect, launder and mend customers’ clothes.
• To set tables and trays, prepare and serve light meals, clearing away and washing up.
• To read and write reports and be involved in customers’ reviews and training activities.
• To adhere to all Caremark’s policies and procedures at all times.
• To report either to the Field Care Supervisor or Care Manager any significant changes in the health or circumstances of a customer.
• To encourage the independence of customers wherever possible.
Tipo de contrato
17000 - 17000 Bruto/Año